Cead míle fáilte. Stair na hÉireann | History of Ireland will take you on an enchanting journey populated with figures from myth, steeped in its turbulent history, culture, ancient secrets and thousands of places that link us to our past and the present. With insight to folklore, literature, art, and music of Ireland, you’ll experience an irresistible tour through the remarkable Emerald Isle. Culturally, Ireland has produced beautifully illuminated manuscripts such as the Book of Kells, The Book of Leinster, Annals of the Four Masters, etc, and stunning pieces of early medieval gold work.
Ireland’s cultural heritage, with its diverse customs, traditions, folklore, mythology, music, and dance, is one of the richest and most distinctive in Europe. She has given the world numerous thought-provoking authors and poets, captivating and humorous playwrights, lively music and dancers.
- Print content of our site for non-commercial use (up to 25 copies) as long as you include the following copyright notice: “© Stair na hÉireann | History of Ireland. All rights reserved. Originally published at”
- Re-post a summary of content (or an excerpt of up to 100 words) with a link back to the original post
- Link to our site or any of our public posts
- Re-post images that are owned by Stair na hÉireann | History of Ireland, but only with attribution to Stair na hÉireann | History of Ireland and a link to the original post – please do the same with regard to any images owned by a Photographer, credited on our site or within a post.
We do not allow any of the following without our written permission:
- Re-posting our content in its entirety
- Altering or selling any content on this site
- Translation of our writings into another language
- Re-post of images without attribution and link
To request permission for any of the uses on the above “We do not allow” list, please contact us.
We welcome comments on our blog posts. Please keep your comments clean and related to the content. We reserve the right to remove any comment. Feel free to ask questions, disagree, provide alternate methods, or comment on the post as long as your comment’s content is not offensive, defamatory, abusive, or otherwise mean and inappropriate.
This is not a selling/profit site, however one that promotes the study of Irish history, tourism and music. We also showcase some of the top photographers’ work in Ireland. If you’re a photographer and would like us to feature any of your photos, please contact us.
A special thank you to Joe Canning for exclusively sharing his poetry with us, it is with great honour.
This site promotes the study of Irish history, tourism and music. We also showcase some of the best photographers’ in Ireland. If you’re a photographer and would like us to feature any of your photos, please contact us.
Disclaimer/Fact Check | We strive for accuracy and fairness, however, if you see something that doesn’t look right, please let us know.