#OTD in 1936 – Carlow Gaelic Park Formal Opening.

Dr. Cullen Park was officially opened by Patrick McNamee of the GAA in Co Carlow. It was so named in the memory of Most Rev. Dr. Cullen who had died on 2nd January 1936. The late Bishop was honoured as “a great churchman, a true-hearted gael and a patriotic Irishman”. The attendance on opening day […]

Read More