Stair na hÉireann/History of Ireland is devoted to the study of Irish History, Irish language, Irish Diaspora, The Great Hunger, Arts & Music, Culture, Archaeology, Literature, Photography, Mythology & Folk Culture.
Please visit our Facebook page Stair na hÉireann – History of Ireland for shared posts from other pages on Facebook as well as other posts we may not post on the website.
If you see something you like, feel free to share our posts/page and if there’s something you’d like to see or see more of, please let us know. This is an Irish history site and there will, of course, be posts that many would like to forget, however, the study of history requires investigation, empathy and respect. History is the only true teacher and the truth must be told in order to forgive history’s sins.
- Print content of our site for non-commercial use (up to 25 copies) as long as you include the following copyright notice: “© Stair na hÉireann/History of Ireland. All rights reserved. Originally published at”
- Re-post a summary of content (or an excerpt of up to 100 words) with a link back to the original post
- Link to our site or any of our public posts
- Re-post images that are owned by Stair na hÉireann/History of Ireland, but only with attribution to Stair na hÉireann/History of Ireland and a link to the original post – please do the same with regard to any images owned by a Photographer, credited on our site or within a post.
We do not allow any of the following without our written permission:
- Re-posting our content in its entirety
- Altering or selling any content on this site
- Translation of our writings into another language
- Re-post of images without attribution and link
To request permission for any of the uses on the above “We do not allow” list, please contact us.
We welcome comments on our blog posts. Please keep your comments clean and related to the content. We reserve the right to remove any comment. Feel free to ask questions, disagree, provide alternate methods, or comment on the post as long as your comment’s content is not offensive, defamatory, abusive, or otherwise mean and inappropriate.
This is not a selling/profit site, however one that promotes the study of Irish history, tourism and music. We also showcase some of the top photographers’ work in Ireland. If you’re a photographer and would like us to feature any of your photos, please contact us.
A special thank you to Joe Canning for exclusively sharing his poetry with us, it is with great honour.
Disclaimer/Fact Check | We strive for accuracy and fairness, however, if you see something that doesn’t look right, please let us know.